Careful course selection and steady progression through the undergraduate career is necessary to ensure all requirements for both degrees may be completed within a 5-year timeframe. All prospective students should discuss their interest in admission to the Accelerated Master’s in Contemporary East Asian Studies degree program with their undergraduate advisor and faculty mentor no later than the first semester of the student’s Junior Year. Prospective students are eligible to apply to the graduate program in the second semester of their Junior year. The following requirements must be met by this time:
- Major and cumulative GPA of at least 3.00;
- On track to complete all requirements for a B.A. degree in Global and International Studies from KU by the end of the Senior year
Applicants must complete an Application for Graduate Study (http://graduate.ku.edu/ku-graduate-application) online. The following information should be gathered in advance and uploaded with the application:
- A two-page statement of purpose explaining your educational and academic objectives.
- Three letters of recommendation preferably from KU faculty, each accompanied by the Graduate Letter of Recommendation Form.
- A writing sample that demonstrates your writing skills and basic research capacity.
- A current C.V. or resume
Upon review of the application for admission, the program will notify the student of his or her eligibility to begin coursework in the program. Final acceptance will be contingent upon the following:
- Successful completion of all requirements for the bachelor’s degree;
- A final cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- Grades of B or above in all graduate-level coursework taken while an undergraduate