Educational Outreach is a key component of the Center's agenda. Follow the menu links to the left to find East Asia materials for the classroom, including dozens of original lesson plans and other useful resources for educators. Also learn more about how you can schedule classroom visits, and/or check out culture trunks, which hold a variety of materials you can use for teaching about China, Japan and Korea.
For more information on how you can take advantage of what the Center has to offer you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our new lesson plans and resources!
Posted Summer 2017:
- A lesson plan on the Japanese Constitution (PDF), for high school world history.
- A lesson plan on the Chinese Zodiac (PDF), for 5th grade social studies.
- A lesson plan on the Legacy of the Korean War (PDF) for high school world history.
- A list of teacher Resources for Teaching with Art as a Primary Source (PDF). Includes links to modules for teaching about Japanese art.
- A list of resources for Learning About Grasslands (PDF), which may be useful for students or teachers interested in learning about grasslands around the world. Includes many resources specific to grasslands in China and Mongolia so students can explore how they compare to those in the United States.
- A short list of photos and resources for learning about Japanese Vegetables. This material may be especially useful for those teaching Japanese, or involved in school garden projects.
- More than a dozen online video lectures on China and Japan developed for educators who want to learn more about East Asia for use in their classrooms.
For a full list of our available lesson plans, be sure to check out our searchable Lesson Finder.