Kakehashi Project Application
Kakehashi Project (Bridge to Tomorrow) Application
Successful applicants will participate in a two-step application process.
- Fill out the form and submit it with the other application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, submit two copies of the form and other materials in hard copy to the Center for East Asian Studies (address below).
Application deadline is 5:00 pm on Friday, March 21, 2014.
You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Program application form (download link above, more information below)
- Statement of purpose (more information below)
- Record of academic performance (This does NOT have to be an official transcript.)
- Ask two of your instructors to write a reference on your behalf using the reference form below.
- They should fill it out and email it to email@example.com or fax it to 785-864-5034 by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 21, 2014.
- These references should address your academic ability as well as any other relevant information.
Statement of purpose:
- Write a one page statement (double spaced, about 250 words) explaining how participating in the Kakehashi Project would further your personal and academic goals.
- Please describe your background, including any experiences that have led to your interest in Japan.
- Please also include any thoughts on what sort of presentation you could make to students in an elementary or secondary school following your Kakehashi experience that might benefit your personal and/or professional growth.
Email all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR submit two hard copies to:
Center for East Asian Studies
Bailey Hall, Room 201
1440 Jayhawk Blvd
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7574
Students selected as finalists will be invited to come to the Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Kansas for a brief interview with the Kakehashi selection committee during the week of March 31st.