- Ordinarily only one request per faculty member will be granted in an academic year.
- Normally only travel costs will be funded. Amount of awards will be determined annually dependent upon funding.
- Only professional meetings and activities directly related to East Asian Studies will be considered.
- Priorities will normally fall in this order:
- Continuing Core Faculty
- Temporary Core Faculty
- Associate Members
- Awards will be made by the Advisory Committee.
- Awards will be contingent upon exhaustion of all other University funding sources.
- Applicants are requested to describe the circumstances of their planned travel as fully as possible.
The CEAS by-laws define the following:
Continuing Core Faculty
An individual who holds a continuing appointment at the University of Kansas and if a member of the teaching faculty, meet two of the following criteria: the faculty member must have a working knowledge of an East Asian language, the faculty member must teach on a regular basis an East Asian course that can be crosslisted in EALC, or the faculty member must do research on East Asia; if a librarian, the individual must either hold an appointment in the East Asian Department of the University Library, or work directly with the East Asian Collection as part of his or her assigned duties.
Temporary Core FacultyAn individual who holds an appointment at the University of Kansas and meets one of the following criteria: the faculty member must have a working knowledge of an East Asian language, the faculty member must teach on a regular basis an East Asian course that can be cross-listed in EALC, or the faculty member must do research on East Asia.
An individual whose teaching and research activities touch upon East Asia who wishes to participate in the CEAS.