Jill Kleinberg Scholarship
The Jill Kleinberg Scholarship provides $1000 to undergraduate students studying or interning in East Asia. Priority will be given to students pursuing double degrees in East Asian Studies and Business or taking courses in both areas. However, any undergraduate who plans to study in East Asia during this period is eligible to apply. This award may be used in combination with other scholarships or grants and can be used for summer, semester, or academic-year programs.
APPLICATIONS OPEN: December 15th
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: February 15th
How to Apply
You will need to fill out an online application (bottom of the page) that includes an application letter and a current KU Degree Progress Report. Your letter should include the following:
- the study abroad program in which you plan to enroll or the internship you will hold,
- an explanation of how this program or internship fits into your academic and career goals,
- a summary of your strengths as an applicant for this award,
- an estimate of the total cost of your participation in the program,* and
- a list of other sources of funding.
*Itemized cost estimate include any of the following costs as applicable: All transportation, lodging, registration fees, miscellaneous Costs, and the total requested.
Before you submit an application, please make sure you have read and understand the UKANS Travel Handbook 2021 and familiarized yourself with any COVID-related travel and/or quarantine requirements relevant to your travel destination (if applicable).
If you have any questions during the application process, please contact Ayako Mizumura, firstname.lastname@example.org.